Friday, March 16, 2018

Day 5 of my Water and Broth Fast


I confess that this 5-day water and broth fast has been challenging. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to quit, and to convince myself that I had done enough fasting for one day.

My 4th day was especially tough, for some reason. The thought of food would not leave my mind! No matter how I meditated, breathed, visualized, read inspirational text…every tool in my spiritual toolkit failed me.

So, I decided to indulge my mind – because this IS a mental game – and to watch videos of cooking shows.

For over an hour, I watched one mouth-watering show after another. And at first, I was salivating, I won’t kid you.

But after about half an hour, the shows lost all appeal. They all started to look the same. I kept watching for the sake of watching, but then turned everything off and went to bed, feeling satisfied.

I didn’t break my fast. I didn’t cheat. But I gave my mind and my thoughts some room to play; and that seemed to appease them. I was still in control, though, and felt very confident in that. But it was enough for me to continue my fast.

Today is my 5th day, and I feel great. My mind is clear, and I have more energy than I had in previous days.

I’m tempted to continue one more day, but I have many commitments this upcoming week, and I want to be fully present for them. I will have my diluted fruit juice tonight to break my fast, and tomorrow I will combine the juice with some fresh fruit. Then, it’s veggies and rice, and slowly adding in some eggs and nuts once my digestive system has started working again.

This has been an exercise in discipline – physical, mental, emotional, spiritual – and one that I’m glad that I undertook.

Thanks for joining me :-) .
~Mony

* * *
#monydojeiji #consciousness #fasting #walkingforpeace #lightworkers #spirit #heart #MindBodySpirit #power #personalpower

No comments:

Post a Comment